Wednesday, 2 June 2010

Move-in Day!

So yesterday I moved into my apartment in Vista Way. Was absolutely exhausted. So many things seemed to happen yesterday that I’ll quickly try to run through them all...

First of all I didn’t get ANY sleep Monday night due to a combination of excitement and editing. The trip to Washington Dulles was all fairly straight forward. My layover was about an hour and a half which is usually plenty of time. Especially given that i was the first person off the plane. I joined the immigration queue and there was a massive long line of people who got off a plane from Tokyo and only 1 immigration officer was processing them. For the next hour I was constantly looking at my watch. I left Customs and Immigration with about 10 mins before my flight was due to take-off. Cue some manic sprinting though the airport because the gate was on the other side of the terminal. I got to the gate and they had literally just closed it about a minute earlier. I went straight to the customer service desk who (go United) were really helpful and booked me straight on the next flight no questions asked. Unfortunately, that meant a 2 hour + wait :( I sat on the plane and they said they were gonna have to sit on the runway for 45 mins because of storms :( Eventually landed at about 6pm. I headed straight for the Mears shuttle and while I was sat there waiting someone recognised me (Jayne) so I got chatting to a whole load of Brits who are all doing the same thing at Disney as me.
Disney were on hand with a warm welcome when we arrived and gave us some free food and things. The food selections were slightly odd and included crackers, porridge, noodles and Cup-a-Soup. The showed us to our apartments and it turned out that one of the girls I met at the airport was also my roommate. Her name’s Janelle and she’s from Glasgow. There was then a late night run to Walmart. I didn’t get back to my room until about 1am so I was really shattered. Jet lag has resulted in me waking up at 5am this morning. hopefully that will sort itself out soon. The upside is that I did need to get up this morning for housing meetings and stuff.
The itinerary for the next few days is pretty much all meetings/training. Can’t wait to get my Disney ID so I can head into the parks. I’ve set up wireless internet for my flatmates (which they’ll discover once they wake up lol!).

I did film some of the stuff that happened yesterday and will hopefully do some more today :D

The sun is out now though. Let Day 2 commence!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to the US! I can't wait to you meet you! Have tons of fun, and I'm excited for more vlogs and blogs!