Wednesday 14 November 2012

'Tis the Season

For all my years visiting WDW I have never seen the Christmas decorations there in person. I've seen them at Disneyland Paris and Disneyland but never at the set of Disney Parks that I visit the most. I blame geography entirely. I feel incredibly fortunate that 2012 has allowed me to see the Halloween decorations already and in a few days time I'll be experiencing the Christmas festivities as well.

Of course the decorations aren't the only things that have been appearing at WDW recently. New Fantasyland has been in previews and it is one of the trio of December 6th attractions (Test Track and Jack Sparrow) opening/reopening. Bit of an odd decision to have things in different parks opening all on the same day but maybe its for crowd control.

So much has been announced recently by both Disney and Universal that I'm beginning to lose track but for me one of the most exciting has been the acquisition of LucasFilm, not least because it makes my Disney/Star Wars phone case look even more awesome. Those who aren't too keen on this merger have clearly never been to Star Wars Weekends at Hollywood Studios. From what I've seen Disney has historically shown a huge amount of respect for the Star Wars Universe. For me, the fact that there is now the potential for A Star Wars theme park to exist is incredible and it would be way more exciting than any other film franchise that has been linked to Disney theme parks, (yes Avatar I am thinking of you). So far the only thing announced has been Episode VII but I can't wait to see how the imagineers run with this.

As during my last trip I shall post trip photos to my flickr page so keep an eye out for those. I don't know exactly what they'll be of yet but expect Mickey's Christmas Party, Candlelight Processional, New Fantasyland and Harry Potter at the very least.

No comments:

Post a Comment