Thursday 31 March 2011

When you wish upon a star...

Tomorrow I will have my last university class ever (hopefully). It will mark the end of 6 years of studying and the end of a really stressful week.

On Tuesday evening I genuinely thought that I wouldn't be able to go to Disney due to finances and date conflicts. I had hoped that Mickey would be able to switch my departure dates around but apparently the Mouse has been so popular this year that his schedule is overflowing with ICP arrivals. For the 24 hours that I thought all hope was lost I stopped believing in the magic. Thankfully, on Wednesday, after what can only amount to a long, emotional chat with my dad, the magic began to sparkle once more and it was decided that some way, somehow I would get to Florida this summer.

Over the last 12 months I've read a lot of blogs relating to both the CP and ICP programs and it always astounds me that some people's parents/family do not support them with their decision to go to work for the mouse. I am so grateful that my parents have been supportive throughout the last 18 months (and my life for that matter), because without that support I don't know that I would have been able to go and do the things that I have done throughout my life.

So to all the friends and family out there that help support CPs, ICPs and CRPs through their Disney journeys I send a big THANK YOU because you too help make the magic happen!


1 comment: