Wednesday 12 January 2011

Keep Moving Forward

Yesterday I had my one and only January exam. That means that, barring any mishaps, I have one exam left until I graduate - wahoo! With the amount of time I’ve spent in education I could be a qualified doctor. I’m not. So for me that aspect of graduating is really exciting. Then there’s the thought of going to Disney for 3 months once I finish in May so there’s really a lot for me to look forward to this year. But the prospect of life post-Disney seems to bring a cloud of unknowing into my life. Other than “entertainment” I really have no idea what I actually want to do.

Well that’s not entirely true. I would quite happily be condemned to a life of being paid minimum wage if it meant working for Disney for the rest of my life but as of right now the only way that would happen if if I went to work for the Disney Cruise Line. That’s currently a very serious consideration of mine.

I once read that Jodi Benson (voice of Ariel, Barbie, Lady and others) gets to go on trips to Disney parks all around the world every year. If someone wants to give me a job as a voice artist for a Disney movie I won’t complain!

Last year I didn’t spend too much time worrying or imagining where I’d be working in the summer. This year I’ve found myself thinking about it a lot and it’s only January! The other night I dreamt that I was working at Kilimanjaro Safaris at Animal Kingdom. I know I’d love working in some of the more “hands on” attractions because of that performance element so here’s my list of attractions I’d like to work at this summer:

1) The Great Movie Ride (I’m a film student what do you expect me to put)
2) Jungle Cruise (only downside would be getting bitten)
3) Pirates of the Caribbean (I’d get to dress up as a pirate all day long)
4) Voyage of the Little Mermaid (Ariel’s my favourite character)
5) The Animation pavillion at Hollywood Studios.
6) The Backlot Tour
7) Haunted Mansion
8) Finding Nemo the Musical
9) Lights Motors Action (because I know how much fun my friends had/have working there)
10) Star Tours 2 (It’s new, it’s Star Wars and you get to legitimately say “May the Force Be With You” a gazillion times a day. This should actually be much higher up on the list)

I know I haven’t listed any Epcot attractions but I would probably be quite happy to work anywhere. There are no “definitely don’t want”s on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment