Friday 15 April 2011

Are You 23?

Well actually I'm 24, but I'm a member of D23 and have been since its launch 2 years ago. As of yet I have never been able to go to any of the D23 special events which has mostly been an issue of not living in the USA.

My new membership pack arrived this morning. It's been a couple of months since I renewed my membership so I was wondering when it would turn up. Usually the membership stuff just arrives in an envelope or a poster tube but today it arrived in a giant blue box with D23 written all over it.

Every year they send an "exclusive member's gift" when you renew/buy a membership. This year the gift was a watch. In previous years there's been a poster and a calendar. Not hugely exciting stuff but still kinda cool.

Also in the back was the latest issue of Disney Twenty Three which is a super glossy magazine. My first read through typically involved me just looking at the pretty pictures because there's always concept art and stuff in there.

My pack also contained a luggage tag which made me smile. It's got one of those changing image things on it which switched between D23 Expo and Chip and Dale carrying a "D23 Expo or bust" flag. I am so tempted to attach it to one of my bags for Florida.

I don't think I'll be able to make it to the Expo this year because I'll probably find myself working in WDW that weekend but hopefully I'll get there one year. For anyone that's interested the Expo is taking place 19th - 21st August over in Anaheim, California. It's open to everyone although D23 members get a discount on tickets and have access to an exclusive shop. You can find out more info on the D23 website www.disney.com/D23.


No comments:

Post a Comment