Friday 25 February 2011

Let's get to talking.

Over the last few days there seems to have been a sudden rush of comments and such like about the vlogs, blogs and my photos. I'm loving the comments and as always if you have any questions or suggestions feel free to get in touch.

Organisation for a London ICP Meet Up on 20th April seems to be well underway. I must say it will be nice to not have to do 5 hours+ of driving and to also know where I'm going! Relevant links are all on the Facebook group.

This week I've also managed to finally find some time to listen to Becca's MouseCasts which are fabulous. I've been informed that I will be featured in the next one so that will be something to listen out for. You can find her MouseCast here so once you've finished reading this go have a listen if you haven't already.

Today I had a moment of inspiration for a mini-series of sorts. I'm not going to say too much about it other than watch this space (just in case it doesn't work out) but there is an idea in the works.

The closer the summer gets the more I have been craving American food and this week this has taken the form of the sandwich. There is something about sandwiches in the US that is so much more satisfying that ones we make at home here. So I made one with fresh bread, mayo, wholegrain mustard, ham, cucumber, lettuce, tomato and cheese. Yummy! I can't wait to go to Downtown Disney and grab some food from Earl of Sandwich. The sandwiches there are full of awesomeness. Click here to peruse their delicious menu. My personal favourite is "The Full Montagu" which is freshly roasted beef, turkey, aged swiss and sharp cheddar cheese, lettuce, roma tomatoes and the Earl's mustard sauce on an artisan baked loaf. I substitute horseradish for the mustard and it tastes soooooo good. *cue stomach rumbling*

I can't talk about food without mentioning two places that for me are American institutions (at least when it comes to me and my family visiting WDW). The first is IHOP (International House of Pancakes) which, not surprisingly, is famous for its pancakes. Check out their menu here. If you're not a pancake fan they do serve other stuff as well. Last summer they had some really good flavoured lemonades that were to die for. The second place is Perkins which is to pies what IHOP is to pancakes. Their menu can be found here and they typically have a seasonal pie. I'm not much of a pie person but theirs are amazing. They (as do IHOP and many other American restaurants) serve much larger portions than restaurants do at home so I often end up taking half a main course home with a slice of pie which makes the meal twice the value. Don't be afraid to ask for a box in US restaurants. It's common practice and will save you money. Certain things reheat better than others so I tend to pick my meal accordingly or prioritise eating the bit that I don't think will reheat so well (i.e. fries).

All this talk about food is now making me hungry. I do have a special vlog planned that I'm sure anyone who applied for the ICP will enjoy. I'm hoping to get the next vlog sorted within the next couple of weeks. Apologies for it probably not being sooner but life at Uni is a bit hectic at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment