Saturday 11 June 2011

Back to the Movies

I mentioned the Backlot Tour briefly in the last post and it used to be one of my favourite attractions at WDW. Less so now because it's become a little samey. I still love seeing the Earful Tower though and I recommend seeing it at Xmas when it gets to accessorise for the season.

This isn't the best picture in the world but it's one of the great backstage areas that everyone can see. Actually, if you went on the tour a couple of summers ago you may have even seen me in the costuming workshop while I was getting an up close view of their handiwork.

Let's dedicate a moment to Herbie the long suffering star of Lights Motors Action. At least he WAS the star until this summer when the gang from Cars decided to evict him.

This is one of my favourite pieces of Disney history. The very plane that Mr Disney used to pick a location for his new theme park complex.

Check it out! A real life, 100% authentic movie canyon set in the middle of Orlando. The crew are on what is quite possibly the longest work break in history!

A life without Star Wars just wouldn't be the same!

Moving swiftly on to one of my Disney-must sees Fantasmic. I think it's one of the few things that I take pictures of EVERY trip.

Ah...the Crossroads of the World. It's the first thing guests see as they enter the park and the last thing they see when they leave. I can safely say that the Disney version, complete with Mickey statue, is far more glamourous than the original in Hollywood. And for Disney trivia buffs it also serves as the lightning conductor for Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Another show that I seem to have lots and lots and lots of pictures of. I'm not sure it's even possible to not like the Beauty and the Beast show on Sunset Boulevard. Every now and again there's a little mishap that occurs midshow, the most famous of which was one of the male dancers falling as he pushed his cart.

I'm not sure why I don't have a picture of the giant AT-AT that stands outside Star Tours but at least I have one of Darth Vader. I actually cannot wait until I get to ride the new Star Tours. Usually I go hunting for details of new attractions but this is one where I have deliberately avoided as many spoilers as possible.

The final stop on my tour of the Studios (at least for the moment) is the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I love show. It's only about 17 minutes long but I adore the underwater effects and the Under the Sea number. Ursula ALWAYS scares me a little though and I'm not afraid to admit it!

Next stop: Nahtazu!


No comments:

Post a Comment